After care for Laser Hair Removal
Post laser hair removal instructions:
Now that you went through your appointment it’s important to have some special aftercare for laser hair removal afterward;
- Use exfoliation products in the area only after two weeks of treatment;
- Avoid extremely hot showers for at least 48 hours;
- If discoloration occurs on the affected area, try applying vitamin E to encourage soothing of the skin;
- It is important that you not to do any sugaring, waxing or any other type of hair removal on the treated area. If you do this will disrupt the treatment process and may lead to potential stimulation of the hair follicle. In other words, you could potentially encourage regrowth.
- Do not use any deodorants for at least three days in the area to avoid causing irritation.
- It’s not uncommon to experience itching, it’s important not to scratch the affected area. Scratching or causing a scab to arise may result in scarring.
- Give your body 24-48 hours rest from excessive exercise, the gym or the sauna – these can all cause irritation.
If you have any more questions, read our FAQ and see if it clears them out!